ZEISS Xradia CrystalCT is your ground-breaking microCT for unlocking the crystallographic and microstructural secrets of your samples. It uniquely augments the powerful technique of computed tomography with the ability to reveal crystallographic grain microstructures, transforming the way polycrystalline materials (such as metals, additive manufacturing, ceramics, etc.) can be studied, leading to newer and deeper insights into materials research.
- Perform non-destructive mapping of grain morphology in 3D.
- Characterize materials such as metals, alloys, and ceramics.
- Map larger volumes and a wider array of sample geometries at higher throughput.
- Advance materials characterization and discovery through ground-breaking diffraction scanning modes.
- Achieve superior sample representivity to create high fidelity computational models.
ZEISS Xradia CrystalCT delivers cutting edge, radically different diffraction scanning technology, uniquely offering the ability to map grain boundary surfaces over significantly larger volumes in their native state while targeting realistic sample geometries that suit the common requirements of research and industrial labs. Unlike other grain mapping technologies, DCT enables non-destructive 3D grain imaging.
- Complementary information from high resolution absorption contrast tomography and non-destructive 3D grain mapping delivering size, shape, orientation, and grain boundary information.
- Non-destructive insights into interior microstructures and overlaid grain maps not visible by surface imaging methods such as optical or scanning electron microscopy.
- Ability to segment and analyze data to obtain quantitative, 3D descriptions of structures and particles.
- 4D imaging through ex situ or in situ experiments to see how materials evolve, e.g., through mechanical load or corrosion.
표본 대표성 - 대용량의 실 데이터를 확보해 기존 결정학적 이미징에서 어려웠던 높은 정확도의 계산 모형을 만들 수 있습니다.
ZEISS Xradia CrystalCT offers advanced DCT modes that overcome some of the previous challenges of conventional DCT data collection that assumes the ROI in the sample is fully illuminated by the aperture field of view (FOV) for all rotational angles of the sample.
ZEISS Xradia CrystalCT advanced diffraction scanning modes include
- Helical Phyllotaxis
Helical phyllotaxis rotation is used for long aspect ratio cylindrical samples.
- Helical Phyllotaxis Raster
Helical phyllotaxis raster is used for samples that are typically wider than the field of view.
- Helical Phyllotaxis HART
Phyllotaxis with high aspect ratio tomography, or HART, solves the problem of flat or plate-like sample imaging.
After the initial acquisition as the first step in your workflow you then start to reconstruct. Load your absorption tomography and your diffraction data into GrainMapper3D. Let it identify potential candidates for grain orientations of a given polycrystal by using back and forward projections.
An automated, iterative search for grains in the sample volume is your next step. Grain reconstruction results are stored as stacks of slices or volume datasets that contain the full description of the indexed grains. Eventually, share 3D LabDCT results with your collaborators or customers using the standalone GrainMapper3D Viewer application.
Your final step is to get out all the information you need in one single file. Shape, orientation and spatial locations of all grains in the sample volume are exported into an open data format.
Finish your experiment with subsequent analyses using customized software or simulation tools. The advanced indexation routines now support the more complex lower symmetry crystal systems.
Advanced Reconstruction Toolbox (ART) introduces Artificial Intelligence (AI)-driven reconstruction technologies on your ZEISS Xradia 3D X-ray microscope (XRM) or microCT. A deep understanding of both X-ray physics and applications enable you to solve some of the hardest imaging challenges in new and innovative ways.
Discover how speed of data acquisition and reconstruction as well as image quality are enhanced without sacrificing resolution by using OptiRecon, two variants of DeepRecon and PhaseEvolve, the unique modules of ART.
- Improve data collection and analysis for accurate and faster decision-making
- Greatly enhance image quality
- Achieve superior interior tomography or throughput on a broad class of samples
- Reveal subtle difference through improved contrast-to-noise
- Increase speed at an order of magnitude for sample classes requiring repetitive workflow
ZEISS OptiRecon is an implementation of iterative reconstruction that greatly increases acquisition throughput, while optimizing image quality.
- Achieve up to 4× faster scan times or enhanced image quality with equivalent throughput.
- Benefit from this economical solution offering superior interior tomography or throughput on a broad class of samples.
DeepRecon technology is offered in two forms - DeepRecon Pro and DeepRecon Custom - both leveraging AI and enhancing image quality and speed. Increase throughput without sacrificing RaaD (resolution-at-a-distance). Alternatively, keep the same number of projections and enhance the image quality further.
Find out the difference:
- With DeepRecon Pro you benefit from superior throughput and image quality across a wide range of applications.
- It enables you to reveal subtle differences in the images of your samples through improved contrast-to-noise.
- Increase the speed of your data acquisition up to 10x for sample classes requiring a repetitive workflow.
- Apply DeepRecon Pro to unique samples, to semi-repetitive and repetitive workflows.
- Now you can self-train new machine learning network models on-site with an easy-to-use interface.
- The need for a machine learning expert is thus eliminated and DeepRecon Pro can be seamlessly operated by even a novice user.
- ZEISS DeepRecon Custom is targeted specifically for repetitive workflow applications to further boost XRM performance beyond DeepRecon Pro.
- ZEISS collaborates closely with users to develop custom-created network models that fit their repetitive application needs precisely.
SmartShield is a solution that protects your sample and your microscope. This automated collision avoidance system works within the Scout and Scan Control System. It enables you to navigate Xradia platforms more confidently than ever. How it works - with the click of a button SmartShield creates a digital protective layer based on the dimensions of your sample.
SmartShield lets you benefit from:
- Improved operator efficiency enabled by a streamlined sample setup
- Enhanced user experience for novice and advanced users
- Protecting your valuable samples and your investment
- Uncompromising scan quality
ZEISS Xradia X-ray systems provide the industry’s premier 3D imaging solution for the widest variety of in situ rigs, from high pressure flow cells to tension, compression and thermal stages.
Moving beyond the three dimensions of space, leverage the non-destructive nature of X-ray investigation to extend your studies into the dimension of time with 4D experiments. ZEISS Xradia microCT platforms can accommodate a variety of in situ rigs, from high pressure flow cells to tension, compression and thermal stages, to user-customized designs. You can add the optional in situ Interface Kit to your ZEISS Xradia CrystalCT, which includes a mechanical integration kit, a robust cabling guide and other facilities (feed-throughs) along with recipe-based software that simplifies your control from within the Scout-and-Scan user interface. When your needs require pushing the resolution limits of your in situ experiments, convert your ZEISS Xradia CrystalCT to an Xradia 620 Versa X-ray microscope to leverage Resolution at a Distance (RaaD) technology for the maximum performance tomographic imaging of samples within in situ chambers or rigs.
Maximize your instrument's utilization with the optional Autoloader, available for all instruments in the ZEISS X-ray microscope platforms. Reduce the frequency of user interaction and increase productivity by queueing multiple jobs. Load up to 14 sample stations, which can support up to 70 samples, and set to run overnight, or across multiple days. Unprecedented mechanical stability enables high volume quantitative repetitive scanning of like samples.
ZEISS recommends Dragonfly Pro from Object Research Systems (ORS)
An advanced analysis and visualization software solution for your 3D data acquired by a variety of technologies including X-ray, FIB-SEM, SEM and helium ion microscopy.
Available exclusively through ZEISS, ORS Dragonfly Pro offers an intuitive, complete, and customizable toolkit for visualization and analysis of large 3D grayscale data. Dragonfly Pro allows for navigation, annotation, creation of media files, including video production, of your 3D data. Perform image processing, segmentation, and object analysis to quantify your results.
Use the power of deep learning to easily segment your images and to get access to their real value - the data they provide. Image segmentation lays the foundation for all subsequent image analysis steps. ZEISS ZEN Intellesis uses deep learning and Python to easily create reproducible segmentation results, even for non-experts. Train the software once and then ZEISS ZEN Intellesis can segment a batch of hundreds of images automatically. You save time and minimize user bias.